I wanted to write a blog post to break the jinx and put an end to the long hiatus I have been taking from writing-has it been almost a year since i wrote really?- Time flies! I thought what better way to start off than by talking about a skin care product I have been loving!
It just struck me like literally a minute ago that I have never done a weekly skincare routine post so here I am starting my rambling about what I do on a weekly basis to take care of my skin!
Now first things first, I got to get one thing straight! I’m a very lazy person! Waking up 1.5 hours before getting out of bed type of lazy! So my routine is pretty basic and bareminimal and only if you are a lazy person, a routine this simple will appeal to you!
So my weekly skin care routine is a simple two step process! Here they are:
Exfoliating helps my skin so much! I do this for the face and body once a week. Exfoliation not only removes dead skin cells but it also cleans the pores and leaves you feeling squeaky clean! Though I have oily skin on my face I don’t like my face feeling dry after exfoliation and so I use the Kama Ayurveda Brightening Ayurvedic Face Scrub. This is gentle on the face but does the job pretty damn well!
For the body I just go by whim and try new Body Shop scrubs every time because I honestly feel they all have pretty much the same effect on the skin!(does that make me crocodile skinned?) So currently I’m using The Body Shop Fuji Green Tea Body Scrub and it smells like heaven in a jar 😍
Ensure you use exfoliant which suit your skin type! You’ll know when the scrub isn’t your type if it leaves you feeling raw and red! Also, there are a tonne of DIYable scrubs in the Internet using white or brown sugar and products like honey, essential oils etc which do the job just as well! So if you aren’t sure about store bought scrubs DIY away and pamper your skin!
2. Use a face pack/mask
A face pack is literally like having a mini spa-facial at home! Face masks are an absolute must for everyone because when rightly used they help keep the face hydrated, reduce the size of pores and remove excess oil in the face.It is unfortunately an expensive process of trial and error until you find a face mask that suits your skin type! While there are many face masks in town and I have tried a handful myself I have finally zeroed in on the one which best suits my skin! It is the Plum Goodness Green Tea face mask.
It’s such a pity I decided to do this post when my face pack was almost over! That explains the half empty plum jar!
This is the two step skin care ritual I try to regularly follow for decent maintenance of my skin!
Now if you paid attention to my title I said skin care routine I do and will do! So incase you are wondering, that one step I intend doing once in two weeks atleast henceforth is a detox! 😛 Detox is as its name suggests, to flush the toxins out of the body! While many think detox is good only for weight loss it is great for the skin too! It’s basically my version of detox where I go one whole day with eating just vegetables/fruits or juices – I have done this once before and it was so doable I kid you not! So I intend resuming that habit and I’ll keep you updated on how that goes! 😀
That’s all from me folks! Hope you enjoyed this post and have decided to have a weekly skin care routine for yourself too! If a lazy person like me can stick to it, you too can!!
Hi y’all 😍 how have you been, yes you, that’s who! I have had a hectic but fun couple of weeks with so many of my friends getting hitched I have literally been in and out of weddings all month! Hence the delay in blog posts, but I decided I needed to get this review out soon because
1. I loved this product and I couldn’t wait for you guys to fall in love with it too (*cue music – Awwww*)
2. The review needed to be done before the product was used up and it is getting there faster than you think! 😉
So the boyfriend gifted me this Lush Cosmetics Herbalism Face and Body cleanser and I have been using it since the day it landed in my hands and boy have I been completely enjoying it!
Once you open the lid, two things are bound to strike you. The fragrance, which is beautiful, light and most importantly fresh! And the fact that it is a cleanser but it is in a solid form!
Now I was totally sold for this product when I realized it battles oily AND highly sensitive skin. I was sceptical about the messiness of the procedure because you have to take a pea-sized amount in your palm, add a few drops of water to it and squish it into a mushy lump and when it becomes this beautiful milky green you start applying it with your free hand all over your face. But the results I have gotten far exceeds this con and I’m happy to go on this messy ride every morning!
What the Company claims: Nettles, rosemary and rice bran vinegar work to cleanse the skin, removing dirt and grease, leaving bright and beautifully clean skin. Chamomile blue oil and rose absolute are used for balancing skin tone. Rice bran and ground almonds will gently exfoliate the skin and when mixed with water, the almonds create a soft cleansing milk. Our chlorophyllin is extracted from alfalfa, which is rich in vitamins and minerals and is great for revitalising the skin.
List of ingredients: Ground Almonds, Kaolin, Glycerine, Chlorophyllin Water, Nettle, Rosemary and Rice Vinegar Extract, Rice Bran, Gardenia Extract, Rose Absolute, Chamomile Blue Oil, Sage Oil, Perfume
My take on the product: Every cleanser I’ve used till date either battles oily skin which makes my skin invariably so dry that I regularly get dry patches for a few hours of using the product until the oil balance in my face is restored. Or they are merely gentle to the skin leaving me feeling like I didn’t wash my face at all! The herbalism by Lush however, is what I call the perfect package because
- The rice bran and almonds gently exfoliates the skin but doesn’t leave it raw or feeling red
- The almond secretes oil when water is added to it and it helps in restoring the essential oils back in the face
- The chlorophyll in water again helps restore oil balance in the skin and cleans the pores which ensures acne break outs are minimalized ( haven’t had a single break out since I started using this product!)
Since the product is a face and body cleanser one can use it throughout the body too! (I’m too stingy to use it that way, but that’s just me 👼🏻)
- No breakouts noticed till date (which is a big thing considering its me we are talking about! :/)
- You don’t end up feeling the need to apply moisturizer the minute you wash your face because ONLY the excess oil is removed from the skin
- The skin balance is maintained that way for a good 5 to 6 hours post wash
- Made of 100% natural ingredients
- It is travel friendly as it is a leak proof solid cleanser
- Easily washable – now this might not necessarily be a big pro for many of you guys, but for those of you who are like me and want to get done with the water splashing quickly (in like 3-4 splashes) this is a huge pro!
- Priced at Rs.3777 (Link to product on Amazon) it is definitely not a cheap buy
- Being such a good product it is a pity that it’s shelf life is hardly 3-4 months (however, I read up online that only the safest shelf life is printed on the box and that most people have continued to use it and have found it to be just as good for a good few months post the printed expiry date) We have to acknowledge the fact that it has a low shelf life only because it is 100% natural which at the end of the day is a good thing!
- Messy and a few drops of excess water totally ruins the effect so one has got to be careful and judicious about the water added.
A two week and a few days hiatus later I’m back with my next post. Blame the festivals the mini vacations and the incessant rains for this disappearance but now I’m back and I know you are celebrating about that! (No? Anyway…moving on 😛 )
Lipcare has always been a tough ordeal for me come winters and I’m looking through Lipcare products throughout the year to protect my lips from chapping and bleeding during the cold months.
I never write reviews or endorse skincare products which I’m not extremely happy about (easy to decipher since I have done just two product reviews in one and half years of blogging!)
So after years and years of failed products, miserably dry and chapped lips I very recently came across not one but two fabulous Lipcare products and trust me when I say this, these are only two products you will ever need for healthy glowing lips this winter! It is the Juicy Chemistry Orange Candy Lip Scrub and the Soul Tree Lotus and Kokum Butter Lip Balm.
Now if you are following me on Instagram (@frillthrills_fashionblog) you’ll know I have gone bonkers over this lip balm. It took a great deal of self control for me to not post about this lip scrub too on Instagram just to maintain the suspense factor! 😈 #imevilandiknowit. Without further random quabbling lets dive straight into the brief reviews I have done about these products
Juicy Chemistry Orange Candy Lip Scrub
Priced at Rs.200 this lip scrub is one flavor from their wide range of flavors which include ChocoMint, Fruity Grapefruit, Tingly LemonMint and RosyRose. Being a sucker for all things citrusy I went for this one without giving it a second thought! It has a sugary texture and is totally yummy to taste (it is like eating the sugar of the Orange Joojips if you know what that means!) It is thick and coarse and all you got to do is take a pill sized amount on your finger or a soft baby brush and rub and massage it well into your lips. After about 5-10 minutes wash it off (or be like me and lick it up!) with lukewarm water and its soft luscious lips in the house baby! 💋
This is from the JuicyChemistry range of skincare products which is a start up making so much progress in the skincare space today. They are based out of Coimbatore and this is what they have to say about their skincare line:
- There is a remarkable difference you feel almost instantly upon using the product and more so within a week of regularly using it. I use it thrice a week and my lips have started retaining the moisture and not getting cracked through the day like they usually do. The effect however, is profound on the day of use but lesser on the second day.
- It is not one of the expensive lip scrubs in the market especially when seen in relation to the result it gives.
- It is very easy to massage it into the lips because of the completely granular texture.
- Knowing it is 100% natural is reassuring because however hard you try some amount of the product does go into the mouth and you can’t avoid it (unless ofcourse you are another me and you, on purpose, like licking and tasting the product!)
- While the product description did ask me to finish the Lipcare process by following this lip scrub with a lip balm I was hoping this by itself would work in keeping the lip from drying. But that is not true. When I tried stopping with just the lip scrub I realized my lips were just exfoliated and it had to be completed with the lip balm without which it was becoming dry pretty fast.
- Unlike popular myth I wasn’t, at least in the couple of weeks I have been using the product, been able to see any change in the color of my lips. The scrub does not remove sun tan or discoloration and just helps for dry chapped lips.
On the whole I give this product a whopping 4 on 5 stars for the fabulous result it gave me.
Soul Tree Lotus and Kokum Butter Lip Balm
I have in the past used the soul tree range of moisturisers and have loved it. I have a bad habit of hoarding on lip balms in my constant search of finding the perfect lip balm and hence when I went to the store recently and saw that soul tree had a lip balm range I dint think twice to buy this one. Priced at Rs.195 it is a mid-range product. It comes in a tub and it has a mild flavour. Through the day I apply it every once in a while probably 4 to 5 times a day for best effect.
Made completely of various organic and natural butters and ghees and essential and edible oils this lip balm claims to be Ayurvedic and natural. (And I’m sure it is true because the shop I bought this from is a 100% organic store stocking only such products.)
It has a buttery texture (you don’t say! 😜) and has an amazing and instant effect on the lips and this does not wear out for upto a day which by far is the longest any balm has had an effect on my lip. Now for the pros and cons.
- Very, very very effective! Really buttery and hence moisturises and retains the moisture for really long.
- It has absolutely no tint or white cast and is completely transparent.
- Does not particularly have a yummy taste if that is a con for you like me 😋
- Not the cheapest product in town.
On the whole I give this product 4.5 on 5 stars with a 0.5 minus only for the rate.
That my friends brings me to the end my two favourite lip product reviews. You’ll thank me later for giving you the two best product suggestions for flawless lips this winter.
P.S. This is not a paid or a sponsored review. No one would pay me to rant so much about products I love I swear 😂😋