Hi y’all 😍 how have you been, yes you, that’s who! I have had a hectic but fun couple of weeks with so many of my friends getting hitched I have literally been in and out of weddings all month! Hence the delay in blog posts, but I decided I needed to get this review out soon because
1. I loved this product and I couldn’t wait for you guys to fall in love with it too (*cue music – Awwww*)
2. The review needed to be done before the product was used up and it is getting there faster than you think! 😉
So the boyfriend gifted me this Lush Cosmetics Herbalism Face and Body cleanser and I have been using it since the day it landed in my hands and boy have I been completely enjoying it!
Once you open the lid, two things are bound to strike you. The fragrance, which is beautiful, light and most importantly fresh! And the fact that it is a cleanser but it is in a solid form!
Now I was totally sold for this product when I realized it battles oily AND highly sensitive skin. I was sceptical about the messiness of the procedure because you have to take a pea-sized amount in your palm, add a few drops of water to it and squish it into a mushy lump and when it becomes this beautiful milky green you start applying it with your free hand all over your face. But the results I have gotten far exceeds this con and I’m happy to go on this messy ride every morning!
What the Company claims: Nettles, rosemary and rice bran vinegar work to cleanse the skin, removing dirt and grease, leaving bright and beautifully clean skin. Chamomile blue oil and rose absolute are used for balancing skin tone. Rice bran and ground almonds will gently exfoliate the skin and when mixed with water, the almonds create a soft cleansing milk. Our chlorophyllin is extracted from alfalfa, which is rich in vitamins and minerals and is great for revitalising the skin.
List of ingredients: Ground Almonds, Kaolin, Glycerine, Chlorophyllin Water, Nettle, Rosemary and Rice Vinegar Extract, Rice Bran, Gardenia Extract, Rose Absolute, Chamomile Blue Oil, Sage Oil, Perfume
My take on the product: Every cleanser I’ve used till date either battles oily skin which makes my skin invariably so dry that I regularly get dry patches for a few hours of using the product until the oil balance in my face is restored. Or they are merely gentle to the skin leaving me feeling like I didn’t wash my face at all! The herbalism by Lush however, is what I call the perfect package because
- The rice bran and almonds gently exfoliates the skin but doesn’t leave it raw or feeling red
- The almond secretes oil when water is added to it and it helps in restoring the essential oils back in the face
- The chlorophyll in water again helps restore oil balance in the skin and cleans the pores which ensures acne break outs are minimalized ( haven’t had a single break out since I started using this product!)
Since the product is a face and body cleanser one can use it throughout the body too! (I’m too stingy to use it that way, but that’s just me 👼🏻)
- No breakouts noticed till date (which is a big thing considering its me we are talking about! :/)
- You don’t end up feeling the need to apply moisturizer the minute you wash your face because ONLY the excess oil is removed from the skin
- The skin balance is maintained that way for a good 5 to 6 hours post wash
- Made of 100% natural ingredients
- It is travel friendly as it is a leak proof solid cleanser
- Easily washable – now this might not necessarily be a big pro for many of you guys, but for those of you who are like me and want to get done with the water splashing quickly (in like 3-4 splashes) this is a huge pro!
- Priced at Rs.3777 (Link to product on Amazon) it is definitely not a cheap buy
- Being such a good product it is a pity that it’s shelf life is hardly 3-4 months (however, I read up online that only the safest shelf life is printed on the box and that most people have continued to use it and have found it to be just as good for a good few months post the printed expiry date) We have to acknowledge the fact that it has a low shelf life only because it is 100% natural which at the end of the day is a good thing!
- Messy and a few drops of excess water totally ruins the effect so one has got to be careful and judicious about the water added.