While I have dabbled in some sort of physical activity from when I was about 6 years old (yes my mom claims she caught glimpses of the dancer stowed away in the depths of my cranium right when I was SIX YEARS OLD. Can’t you beat that can you?) I have never focused so much on how what you wear plays a significant role in your performance as I am realizing now. Ever since I have taken to running I’ve started taking a conscious effort to dress appropriately. Now let me tell you, this post is not going to make you fashion-wise any wiser because today baby its all about COMFORT!
So, as I was saying, dressing appropriately for running means wearing something which feels like your second skin, which you are super comfortable in. Five basic rules of thumb (is that the correct plural form? Never mind!) include the following:
1. Choose that outfit which involves least hindrance. While we might like nothing better than to wear a sports bra and sprint on the street we know that that’s not happening in India anytime soon. So your alternative would be to be smart and choose a climacool sweat absorbing pair of shorts or tights and T-shirt which isn’t too loose or tight.
2. Put a leash on that mane. Don’t forget you are preparing to sweat it out. Keep your hairstyle as fuss free as possible. A simple high – out of your face – ponytail is the best hairstyle for workouts.
3.Fluorescents for safety. Become a living siren. Go all out fluorescent if you plan on working out on the roads especially before dawn or after dusk. Safety and grabbing eyeballs at the same time? Yes please! 🙂
3. Restrict the gadget freak in you to the bare minimum. Personally, even my watch is a burden for me when I run. While deciding how much is too much is totally up to you, do realize that these gadgets take away the beauty of the workout itself. After all, that might be the only time of the day you can stay completely clear of calls and the social media. Make the most of that time concentrating on your body and mind and not on gadgets.
4. Brand consciousness is a good thing. The only place where being brand conscious actually makes a difference is sportswear. Be it shoes, tights, t-shirts or shorts, out of personal experience I’ve realized the hard way that good brands last way longer than thrifty buys and it is definitely worth every penny investing in good quality sports wear. Think about it. You are not setting fashion statements in your gym or on the roads. So buy minimally, but whatever you buy, go branded!
4. Footwear faux pas. Read up extensively on the signs to look out for, for footwear wear and tear and be observant and mindful of the same. I cannot and need not stress the importance of good footwear. This point goes beyond just looking good. Shoes used is like the make or break of your fitness routine so be wise. (It might just deprive you of two months of shopping for the regular boring t-shirts and tunics. And honestly those t-shirts and tunics aren’t sprouting legs and running away anywhere anytime soon so footwear people footwear!!😂)
5. Just to make it to five points. Finally, know that working out is the happiest thing you’ll probably be doing that day. So go crazy, be yourself and have some well deserved fun the fit way!
(Love the burpees T-shirt…dafuq burpees go away. We all hate you! Lel!)
All pictures from pinterest
Hope you enjoyed the post. While I have told nothing you probably havent already heard a dozen times before, I hope they motivate you to stay suave trendy and safe while working out. Hope the week is panning out well so far! Have a great rest of the week. So long!🙋
P.S. I decided I could come out of the closet (lol) and tell the world about my blog. So I have opened a Facebook page and linked my Instagram account too! So much for taking the blog to the next level!