Howdy! After a lovely break, some official travel and some more personal travel I am back to conclude this two part series where I explored sustainability in jewellery and design with a lovely designer Rebecca Reubens who owns and runs a minimalist accessories line called Baka . If you are coming here after reading my first post about this brand, thank you for sticking with us, if not, don’t forget to check it out here! Now let’s dive right in!
10 Days with a Carry On! – #achievementunlocked
It amazes me that I am back to do a blog post in such quick succession! #proudmoment ! So I recently went on a 10 day trip to Europe and I did it with a just a carry on and like all bloggers do, I had to be extra and blog about it! So here we are!
One Tadka Martini please!
Now that the caption got you all curious, let me tell you this post has nothing to do with cooking, it has nothing to do with drinking and no! it has nothing to do with creative naming either (though I must say I’m mighty proud of “Tadka Martini” Patent material right? Loljk!)
One more award? Hell YA!! :D
I’m so excited about the fact that I got nominated for a second award and that’s not even the best part. I got nominated by a blogger whom I look up to because she is so versatile in her writing and reading her blog is such an inspiration in itself. Thank you for nominating me for the “One Lovely Blog” award http://mommyx4boys.wordpress.com/ 😀
These are the few rules to be fulfilled to accept this award.
1. Thank the person who nominated you for the award. – Done that 🙂
2. Display the One Lovely Blog Award on your blog.
3. Share 7 things about yourself.
4. Nominate 15 bloggers you admire, and let them know by commenting on their blog.
7 Randomly crazy things about me. Here goes!
1. I am not a tomboy per say, but I am so at home and comfortable hanging out with guys. Guys are better friends and chilled out to be with than so many girls I know 😛 that said, I have some amazing girl pals too..but still!!
2. I was quite weird as a kid. When kids my age wanted to become Doctors, Engineers and Scientists, I seemed pretty chilled out wanting to become an interior designer. I still think that’s the Coolest profession, but who would say they want to become one when they are 7 years old? 😛
3. I’m a morning person through and through. I can get up at even three in the morning but cant stay awake beyond 11 at night!
4. My dream honeymoon destination is Seychelles. I mean have you seen their beaches and resorts?? *Hear hear my prospective groom* 😛
5. I am quite the irritatingly animated talker you would meet. People say even if they mute me, they might understand more or less what I’m rambling about with just my expressions. Eyes and hands!
6. I have come to realize that more than writing my posts I’m liking reading others’ posts and commenting and interacting with them a tad bit more. Mind you, I’m pretty socially awkward person who never likes making the first move in real life but here I’m having no qualms making new friends. Yes blogging my-thing yo! LoL!
7. I’m pretty good at putting myself in others’ shoes and seeing situations from their perspective and I’m proud that I can do that. Feel like that makes me a better person 🙂
Well that’s that! Hope you enjoyed reading my quirks and facts! And now for my nominations. For a change, I’m not going to nominate 15 people. I’m going to restrict myself to 8 blogs I love reading the most.
1. I know this is weird, but yes. I return this nomination back to the one who nominated me just because I think she s great at what she does and I seldom scroll down the page without reading her new posts. So here you go http://mommyx4boys.wordpress.com/
2. I recently came across this blog and I loving this blog and this blogger to bits. http://deepbluesandseafoamgreens.wordpress.com/ I love you talking-writing-ranting style. And it seems like I’ve known you for long. Funnily we met just two posts back. 😀 Lol.
3. http://happilydpressed.wordpress.com/ is another blog I’ve come to love. I fell in love with you and your short stories. I know you’ve got nominated for many such awards, but this is my small way of saying you are awesome. 🙂
4. http://layeredindulgence.wordpress.com/ this girl is all about style and I love that 🙂 You rock!
5. One more blog which talks about this bloggers everyday woes but in such a nice way. http://aworriedstudent.wordpress.com/ , your follower stats shows what an amazing writer you are 😀
6. This is the second time I’m nominating her, but I don’t care. I really look forward to reading her posts and her sense of style and her neat dressing sense is something I haven’t seen anyone else achieve. That’s http://willfullyelegant.com/ for you 😀
7. At the cost of being repetitive, this is one more blogger who gets attires and entire looks so right. And her fashion and shopping tips she gives at the end of each post are unbelievably bang on! 😀 http://thefashionhuntress.wordpress.com/ I’m your fan!!! 😀
8. Well, reserving the best nomination for the last is my thing, so my favorite-est blogger for reasons more than one 😉 is http://chasingyellowcabs.wordpress.com/ . I think shes cute, smart and such an inspiring fashionista. I love your writing style and your easy and comfortable fashion sense ❤
Thank you for patiently reading this post. Once again thank you for the nomination! 🙂 In case you guys are not already following these blogs, please do so before you miss their amazing future posts. 😀 Have a nice weekend ❤
Rant of a pissed off blogger!
For the first month I decided I’ll tell no one about my blog. “Why should I”, I thought. I dint think I was doing anything worthwhile and more so dint think I can really sustain this blogging habit. So in order to not lose face incase I decide blogging isn’t my cup of tea, I told no one. But me being me, the blabbermouth, I could contain myself no more and told four of my very close friends about this blog of mine around two weeks ago. While two friends ( let’s call them A and B) were so happy and genuinely excited for me, to the extent that they subscribed to follow my posts and told me what they felt about each post, the third friend, C, whom I’m actually the closest with, reacted so wierdly that I was kind of taken aback. She said she read every post but had nothing to say about them. Also, when in her presence, if A or B spoke anything about my blog she turned a deaf ear to the whole conversation. And then there is this friend D, the last friend to whom I opened up about this blog. She seemed pretty happy about it and told me to send the link “whenever I pleased” and spoke about the whole process of reading my blog like she was doing me a favor.
I dont know what was the cause for this “couldn’t-care-less” attitude by friends I consider closest and though I think about it in a sad way sometimes I dont want it to actually affect me. This is my blog and I get so much excitement preparing for each post, carefully wording them and get equal pleasure interacting with strangers (who I’m happening to like a lot more than some friends lately) in their respective blogs.
Are those friends jealous that I’m doing something I love? Im not a very bad friend you know..I mean..I am always at their side willing to share their happy and testing moments with them. I am a pretty good listener and when they have issues I dont forget to follow up and help them resolving them in whatever small ways I can. Then why are they being so insensitive? Why are they being so immature and petty?
However this incident may or may not have affected me, it has made one thing very clear, that my initial decision about me telling no one about my blog was the right choice. I want this to be my happy place. Where I don’t want to think what others may think. Where I don’t have to behave in a particular sane manner in order to keep everyone happy.
Before you get tired of my constant cribbing let me show you the last of my DIY canvas painting projects which I completed successfully over the weekend 😀 Tell me what you think 😀
P.S.: For the record, (yes more groaning!) this friend C reacted in that exact same I-dont-give-a-f#$% sort of way when I told her about my painting hobby too Yup weird.!!!
Thanks for patiently reading my complaints. What or how do you think I should react? Help!!! 😐
One month, one award! :D
Guess my excitement when I get nominated for a blogger award one day short of completing one month as a blogger! Mighty cool eh? 😀 The charming anumohan nominated me for this “very inspiring blogger” award! I feel honored and totally kicked that I have been so lovingly accepted into this blogging world, and so soon at that! 😀
Now for the proud moment. Displaying my award! Ha.!
The rules of this award are:
• Thank and link the person who nominated you: Thank you Anuradha. Your enthusiasm and zeal is so contagious and inspiring 🙂
• List the rules and display the award : done and done 🙂
• Share seven facts about yourself
• Nominate fifteen other amazing blogs and remember to comment on their blogs to let them know you’ve nominated them and provide a link to your post.
• (Optional) You can proudly display the award logo anywhere on your blog e.g. on your sidebar and also follow the blogger that nominated you.
Now for 7 really random-ass facts about me:
1. I hate my foods touching or mixing in my plate. They can have a big socializing party in my tummy, NOT on my plate!
2. For an otherwise lazy girl, Im extremely particular about keeping my feet clean. I wash them a couple of gazillion times everyday
3. I’m a lime soda (salt) type of person. No meal at a cafe or restaurant is complete if I dont have lime soda
4. When I’m feeling down right mental at work I greet my colleagues like this
Yes. Most of them have decided I’m borderline crazy. Teehee!
5. I’m extremely competitive. (Even if its something as basic as breathing I have to be able to breathe longer, steadier and deeper than others. :P) But that’s not the fact I want to highlight. The fact is that I act like winning or losing makes no difference to me. 😛 It does make a difference. Duh.
6. I love Calvin and Hobbes. Yes. I still do. I own the entire hardcover series 😀
7. I feel the reason for my existence in the world is to drink the perfect rasam (a soup like liquid made of tamarind stock) my mom makes. :’D
The list of blogs I loved reading in no particular order include:
6. idealism never goes out of fashion
While most of the above mentioned blogs know not of even my existence, I’ve been incessantly reading every one of their beautiful posts and this is a shout out to them that I really think they are kicking some ass! You’ve all been such an inspiration 🙂