October for all Indians means only one thing! The most vibrant Quarter of the year is here! Every year I remember as a kid, the whole atmosphere at home and at school used to undergo a shift when October sets in and I realize the same excitement has transcended well into adulthood as well!
Over the course of this year I have consciously cut down accumulating clothes. Now many will think this isn’t a smart move for a “fashion blogger” because new clothes means new posts but for me the need to shift into sustainability was far greater than my love for blogging, OOTDs and making a statement. Besides, its surprising how happy you get, and the number of different outfits you think of, when you remove that constant need to update your wardrobe.
Now that the caption got you all curious, let me tell you this post has nothing to do with cooking, it has nothing to do with drinking and no! it has nothing to do with creative naming either (though I must say I’m mighty proud of “Tadka Martini” Patent material right? Loljk!)
Hailing from a city called Palakkad which lies almost on the line dividing Tamil Nadu and Kerala has its own strange perks! We get to celebrate Keralite festivals without looking like a South Indian going on Karva Chauth fasts (er…yes I have some such friends! :P)
Hi y’all 😍 how have you been, yes you, that’s who! I have had a hectic but fun couple of weeks with so many of my friends getting hitched I have literally been in and out of weddings all month! Hence the delay in blog posts, but I decided I needed to get this review out soon because
1. I loved this product and I couldn’t wait for you guys to fall in love with it too (*cue music – Awwww*)
2. The review needed to be done before the product was used up and it is getting there faster than you think! 😉
So the boyfriend gifted me this Lush Cosmetics Herbalism Face and Body cleanser and I have been using it since the day it landed in my hands and boy have I been completely enjoying it!
Once you open the lid, two things are bound to strike you. The fragrance, which is beautiful, light and most importantly fresh! And the fact that it is a cleanser but it is in a solid form!
Now I was totally sold for this product when I realized it battles oily AND highly sensitive skin. I was sceptical about the messiness of the procedure because you have to take a pea-sized amount in your palm, add a few drops of water to it and squish it into a mushy lump and when it becomes this beautiful milky green you start applying it with your free hand all over your face. But the results I have gotten far exceeds this con and I’m happy to go on this messy ride every morning!
What the Company claims: Nettles, rosemary and rice bran vinegar work to cleanse the skin, removing dirt and grease, leaving bright and beautifully clean skin. Chamomile blue oil and rose absolute are used for balancing skin tone. Rice bran and ground almonds will gently exfoliate the skin and when mixed with water, the almonds create a soft cleansing milk. Our chlorophyllin is extracted from alfalfa, which is rich in vitamins and minerals and is great for revitalising the skin.
List of ingredients: Ground Almonds, Kaolin, Glycerine, Chlorophyllin Water, Nettle, Rosemary and Rice Vinegar Extract, Rice Bran, Gardenia Extract, Rose Absolute, Chamomile Blue Oil, Sage Oil, Perfume
My take on the product: Every cleanser I’ve used till date either battles oily skin which makes my skin invariably so dry that I regularly get dry patches for a few hours of using the product until the oil balance in my face is restored. Or they are merely gentle to the skin leaving me feeling like I didn’t wash my face at all! The herbalism by Lush however, is what I call the perfect package because
- The rice bran and almonds gently exfoliates the skin but doesn’t leave it raw or feeling red
- The almond secretes oil when water is added to it and it helps in restoring the essential oils back in the face
- The chlorophyll in water again helps restore oil balance in the skin and cleans the pores which ensures acne break outs are minimalized ( haven’t had a single break out since I started using this product!)
Since the product is a face and body cleanser one can use it throughout the body too! (I’m too stingy to use it that way, but that’s just me 👼🏻)
- No breakouts noticed till date (which is a big thing considering its me we are talking about! :/)
- You don’t end up feeling the need to apply moisturizer the minute you wash your face because ONLY the excess oil is removed from the skin
- The skin balance is maintained that way for a good 5 to 6 hours post wash
- Made of 100% natural ingredients
- It is travel friendly as it is a leak proof solid cleanser
- Easily washable – now this might not necessarily be a big pro for many of you guys, but for those of you who are like me and want to get done with the water splashing quickly (in like 3-4 splashes) this is a huge pro!
- Priced at Rs.3777 (Link to product on Amazon) it is definitely not a cheap buy
- Being such a good product it is a pity that it’s shelf life is hardly 3-4 months (however, I read up online that only the safest shelf life is printed on the box and that most people have continued to use it and have found it to be just as good for a good few months post the printed expiry date) We have to acknowledge the fact that it has a low shelf life only because it is 100% natural which at the end of the day is a good thing!
- Messy and a few drops of excess water totally ruins the effect so one has got to be careful and judicious about the water added.
Hi my lovely readers! I’m back after quite a while with my next post but before that I got to tell you why I was MIA! I live in India in a city called Chennai which became pretty famous globally last week for a tragic reason. We were ravaged by extremely heavy cyclonic rains and floods and in a matter of a couple of days the city was left looking like a dumpyard. So many people lost their lives and a thousands more their homes. Chennai traditionally being a very dry city (remember how I always say we have summer throughout the year?) is not built for such rains and so the water levels reached 10-15 feet heights in several low lying areas causing massive damage. But as any positive story goes, here’s the part where there’s light at the end of the tunnel! 😊 The people of chennai showed such solidarity in relief and rescue missions. NGOs, corporate offices, actors and ofcourse the Indian Army came together and did such phenomenal and unbelievable work rescuing people, distributing food and other survival kits, conducting medical camps, etc and while life to come back to normalcy is going to take several months, these rains and floods have shown what a city chennai is, it is secular, giving, and so sensitive and independent. We will be up and raring to go in a while but until then please make sure you keep us in your prayers. 😇
So I kept my look super simple today because I’m still not in a position to shoot elaborate theme based posts! This would ideally be a look you can sport on a day full of running errands or simply a day out at the mall with your friends! Here goes!
It was such an easy and loungy and a no-brainer sort of look and it took me just a few minutes to put together which is usually the time late-lateefs like me get before heading out 😂 so if you are like me make sure to stock up on a lot of basic tshirts like this one because they are so versatile and it is almost like you have a new outfit every time you wear them.
Here I paired this basic black tee shirt with my trusted light blue jeans and a statement neck piece. The rest of the look was simple in muted gold tones. Just adding a statement necklace or a scarf or a shirt over such tee shirts elevates the simple and basic outfit into something so much more suave and sophisticated! 😍
Outfit Details : Black T-shirt – Forever 21, Blue Jeans – 109•F bought at Lifestyle, Necklace – FabIndia, Earrings – Forever 21, Sandals – Zara
That would be all from me for today’s post folks! Make sure you have an amazing week ahead! And tell me you had a ball! ❤️😄