What’s up everyone! It’s your favorite blogger (hahaha?) back with another post! I recently started taking up Zumba classes and boy have I been loving it! Dance + fitness + fun ? I’ll take all of that please! So a new fitness regime to a fashion blogger means :
1. A new Pinterest board full of Zumba clothes
2. A wardrobe full of Zumba clothes (not a wardrobe full…but hey it’s my blog and I get to exaggerate!)
The thing with Zumba is its such a graceful and fun form of workout and it’s really motivating if you dress in interesting clothes because it’s one hour of seeing yourself in the mirror and it’s all the better if you like what you see! So I thought it would be fun to share with you guys some of my Zumba-wear which I have been spamming Instagram with! Here goes!
Shoes : Wearing comfortable shoes with a good grip is of supreme importance! Go for gym sneakers, dance sneakers or even your running shoes with a worn out tread. If however, you want “the real thing” Zumba.com has its own range of sneakers which look great on the dance floor because they are various shades of neon and I suppose they feel awesome too! (I use my Nike gym sneakers still!)
Clothes : Zumba is all about having mad fun and so Zumba classes are usually filled with people wearing the craziest and the brightest colors (for reference go back to the pictures above 👆🏽) While there are no hard and fast wears and don’t wears, it goes a long way to wear very comfortable and fitting clothes while dancing because in between all the struggling to keep up with your instructor’s moves the last thing you want is for your clothes to get in the way and disturb you! I love layering to Zumba because the style is full of torso movements and I feel less conscious doing them when I know there is one more layer of clothing between me and the world (ha!). So while there is no such thing as what to wear for a Zumba class, clothes you can avoid include-
- pure cotton shirts and tops since Zumba is such an intense work out, you definitely need some material which will absorb the sweat and wick perspiration
- Ill fitting clothes, long sleeved tshirts and ill fitting underwear
- Low cut tshirts because Zumba is all about jumping moving around and bending and you’ll honestly not work out to your fullest capacity if at the back of your head a small voice keeps reminding you to protect your modesty!
Some places I have found pretty cool Zumba clothes include : Myntra.com, Zumba.com, Nike, Westside and Jockey!
That would be all from me folksies! Have a fabulous rest of the week and just to rub it into your face, we in south India have just two more days to go before the loooong weekend kicks in! Yay yay yayyy! Love y’all 💋
Check out my instructor Bhavana’s Zumba work and know more about her classes at her Facebook page: Zumba fitness with Bhavana !!