October for all Indians means only one thing! The most vibrant Quarter of the year is here! Every year I remember as a kid, the whole atmosphere at home and at school used to undergo a shift when October sets in and I realize the same excitement has transcended well into adulthood as well!
- Did you know fashion is the second most polluting industry in the world after oil?
- Did you know it takes 70 million barrels of oil to produce the polyester used in fabrics each year? Oh and this polyester is non-biodegradable too!
- Did you know in less than 20 years, the volume of clothing Americans trash each year has doubled from 7 million to 14 million tons, which roughly works out to a whooping 80 pounds per person?
- Did you know stone washing of jeans is done using volcanic pumice stones and when they are used they break down and this waste is dumped in rivers and inhaled by workers in the jeans factory? (Needless to say, these jeans originally manufactured in the United states are now manufactured in developing nations. Cant get their precious water and precious workers in harm’s way can they?)
I din’t know many of these facts until recently and I won’t blame you if you didn’t either! But this is just a minuscule compilation of facts against fast fashion. The kind of resources and the kind of waste the fashion industry is creating has gone unnoticed and hidden from us for too damn long and its time we take a stand!
Why hello there! It has been a while isn’t it? Quite a while infact…201 days to be precise! In between my last post and this one I quit my job, I got a husband and I moved cities! 😀 So this new hello comes all the way from Los Angeles! An Indian at heart, figuring her way through the Hollywood city would be an apt description of me now! 🙂
Now that the caption got you all curious, let me tell you this post has nothing to do with cooking, it has nothing to do with drinking and no! it has nothing to do with creative naming either (though I must say I’m mighty proud of “Tadka Martini” Patent material right? Loljk!)
Hailing from a city called Palakkad which lies almost on the line dividing Tamil Nadu and Kerala has its own strange perks! We get to celebrate Keralite festivals without looking like a South Indian going on Karva Chauth fasts (er…yes I have some such friends! :P)
Hi everyone! Since I gave away the whole theme of the post right at the title let’s jump into the main content straightaway!
So I thought there are four ways to get away with wearing a graphic or a cartoon tshirt without having to look like :
a) You are sporting a right out of bed look or
b) a 9-year old basically!
I thought I’ll do this post as two parts with two ideas each and here they are!
For the two ideas of this post I chose a colorful graphic tshirt full of butterflies!
1. Give the look some structure
Adding an extra layer like a shirt or a jacket or a blazer is the easiest way to look put together! Since I’ve done the shirt over tshirt look several times (and since I simply wanted to wear the red blazer) I decided to go for a blazer 😬👍🏽 Take a looky!
For the second look I kept the rest of the look the same and replaced the blazer for a statement necklace ! A heavy necklace or a pair of earrings really take such a pre-teen-like tshirt into a suave and sophisticated outfit! I know you might at first think it is crazy to wear bling with cartoon and graphic tees but once you find the right piece of jewelry you’ll love it! Take a peeky!
I will be back next week with two more ideas to look neat in a cartoon tshirt but until then make sure you try the two ideas in this post! ❤️ Happy Monday!